Thursday, September 9, 2010

Fantastic Amish Bread Recipe!

I'm not so sure what makes this "Amish" as it tastes like the same bread my mom made when I was a kid and if I'm not mistaken she got that recipe from the old Betty Crocker book.

I adore the old Betty Crocker book. It gives helpful tips for the "modern" woman.....LIIIIKE, don't bother your husband when he gets home from work. He's had a long hard day. ALSO, make sure you look pretty for him and that the children are washed and clean. It's fun for a laugh, one of these days I will scan a page out of my moms copy. If you order the 1950's copy of this book they have taken this info out. I think that's a shame, regardless of it being oppressive it is part of our history and certainly part of the American culture of 1950's domestic ideology. And, as much as I hate to say it, and even though these are not popular ideas one has to admit there is probably some truth in it. But I also like the saying "Happy Wife, Happy Life". I heard that on The Real Housewives of New Jersey! haha




Here is the Recipe

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin