Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Jibber Jabber: Kentucky Fence


Well, I did finally get a little mini break this last weekend. I went down to Kentucky for a fun filled weekend of arts. My "friend" and I went to a play at the Louisville Actors Theater...Pride and Prejudice. This is one of my all time favorite stories....granted it all started with a crush on Collin Firth as Mr. Darcy in the BBC version, and yes I have partaken in "Firth Fridays" with a few girlfriends once they too were exposed to the magic that is Mr. Darcy! The play was really well done, even though I felt the girl playing Elizabeth was a little too loud. Hmmm..lets see we also went to an art festival Sunday in the beautiful historic Belgravia neighborhood....I'm jealous of anyone fortunate enough to reside in the neighborhood.
I don't know what it is about Kentucky, but there is something that almost instantly relaxes me. Maybe it's the slower pace, the friendly people, the horse stuff EVERYWHERE or maybe it's seeing these neat orderly fences planted about. I unfortunately forgot to take my camera with me this time, but the above photo was taken in Lexington last year. Looks peaceful does it not!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin