Friday, September 12, 2008

Style: Americana meets Modern?

This is a photo of one of my favorite homes in Indianapolis, it's in a historic district downtown. I love the yellow paint, the panes in the windows, the picket fence, and the wonderful garden. It's full of charm and feels completely American. This is the type of house I dream of. One where it's not to big, the trees are tall, and the garden is green.

But, there is this other part of me that wants clean line, modern, no frills, no fuss. Is there a good way to incorporate Windsor Chairs and Swedish Modern? I don't know, I keep looking.

It's raining out today, it's humid. I've been sick for a week now and this morning when I woke I felt great, no cough, no runny nose, just a slight scratch to the throat. I had to go outside to let Phoebe out an all hell broke loose. It's as if the humid air laughed in my face and said, forget about feeling better, here is your cough and runny nose back. Stupid girl, you should have went to the doctor. I hate when the weather mocks me.

4 comments:

Robin said...

You know....the weather is mocking my hair right this minute. Bastard rain.

GlorV1 said...

It is a beautiful home and looks very inviting. Thats what dreams are for, and one day your dreams will come true. Hope you feel better.

Robin said...

Hi sissy, I just wanted to let you know I have posted our "mrs curl" in remembrance of summer flying by.

The Dream Queen said...

Sissy I hate when the rain mocks my hair!

Glorv1 Thanks so much! And thanks for stopping by! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin