Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A new direction


Just for fun I started doing some little illustrations and will start posting them here. I love to cook, but with the summer heat it's just to hot for firing up the oven. So, instead of cooking food I'll be painting food. I've always admired illustration art and this peice is sort of inspired by the works of Wayne Thiebaud. I don't kid myself that I even have a pinkys worth of talent in comparison to Thiebaud, but it's fun and a great way to relax after a long day at work.

One of my favorite sweets is chocolate covered cherries...really anything with cherries. One day I'm going to dump chocolate covered cherries in a cherry chip cake mix and see what happens. Untill then, here is my ideal of chocolate covered cherry cake.

Oh yes, and I'm going to try and post one illustration a day.....oy, lets hope that works out.

1 comment:

Robin said...

AHHHHH!!!!!! I LOVE it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin