Thursday, September 3, 2009

It's State Fair Season Once Again!

The one time of year you can find Martha Stewart domestic divas and the leader of Hells Angels all congregating in the same place. I saw award winning sugar cookies, I saw world class horses, I saw a woman with a tattoo of a devils tail creeping out of her shorts. (I don't think we need to examine where it started.)

Here is a little photo essay for you, and my many apologies about devil woman, I swear it was as if my camera said "Do it...they will never believe you if you don't...DO IT"!



First we have tobacco...it is Kentucky folks. I only wish someone would grow some Tomaco.
Farmall, not a John Deere but still a sweet ride.


I'll take one of each please!
Left thigh...that's all I'm saying...
I always hated balloon animals, imagine my abhorrence for a balloon farm.
Just when I thought it couldn't get any better than this blue ribbon winner...
it does...................oh MJ.
And now for what is sure to be my favorite part of the Kentucky State Fair....the ugly lamp contest!


This last photo doesn't really seem like a typical state fair pic, but this little dragon fly was hanging around the lilly pond at the Fair Grounds. I think I may enter him next year in the photography exhibition...not because I will win, but because it cost us freaking $22.00 just to get in! If you are an exhibitor you get in free.

2 comments:

Robin said...

ha ha....love the dragon tattoo....it's no pirate flag but it will do. You are soooooo funny sissy.

The Drapery Lady said...

I sure hope none of my clients see and love the lamps! I know an aunt of yours that would!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin