Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Could I be a handywoman?


I was fortunate enough in my last house to have many great bookshelves. At the new place we have some great built in cupboards, but not a book shelf in sight. I've been seriously toying with the idea of building one myself that would cover the entire back wall of the dining room. We don't have a fireplace, so I was thinking one that would be about mantel height would be nice. We could prop artwork or whatever on the top of it and it wouldn't feel to high, the dining room is not huge, but there is certainly enough room to accommodate it. I'm afraid if I go with a shelf all the way to the ceiling it would overwhelm the space. Anyway we went to Home Depot the other day and looked at wood. Home Depot will cut your wood for you and I'm pretty sure I could assemble it myself. Oh, and I want to paint it the same color as the rest of the woodwork. All this sounds good the theory and I certainly would love to free up this cupboard in the bedroom that is housing some of my books. We'll see...maybe it's harder than I think, but I'll keep you posted if I decide this is something I can do.

1 comment:

Robin said...

DOOOOO IITTTTTT!....I just dismantled 2 different sinks in my house and learned how to fix leaky faucets rather than replace. ROCK ON!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin