Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Garden: Wings

Is it me or does this painted lady moth have a beak? Yeah, that's what I thought. I've found that photographing butterflies and moths is pretty simple. At first they're a bit skittish, but soon they realize that you don't have a stash of pins in your pocket for a grade school science project. Once they calm down they are all to happy to pose for a portrait. This moth was a downright ham, but the Appalachian Tiger Swallowtail ( that's the yellow one...and yes I looked it up) had a severe case of OCD. It was busy chowing down and would not stop flapping it wings.

Nothing worse than a neurotic butterfly!



"Painted Lady"

"Appalachian Tiger Swallowtail "


"Black Swallowtail"

"Monarch"


"I have no idea"


"Red Admiral"


The same "Red Amdiral"


If you would like butterflies and moths to visit, plant lots of flowers, they love Zinas and Flox!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin